South Cove Manor of Quincy Point
South Cove Manor at Quincy Point, one of the most highly rated nursing and rehabilitation communities in Massachusetts, seeks an accomplished and innovative Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the organization through its next phase of development. This is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader to broaden the reach of South Cove Manor’s exceptional new short-term rehabilitation unit, and diversify activities that fulfill South Cove Manor’s mission of providing the highest quality of individualized care and service to its patients and residents in a culturally sensitive manner.
The President and CEO is responsible for the overall operation and delivery of care, short and long-range planning, and the successful stewardship of physical, financial, and human resources. The position reports to the Board of Directors, and with the support of and in partnership with the Board, ensures the fulfillment of the mission and the ongoing financial and programmatic health of the organization. The next CEO must be highly visible, and build effective relationships with residents, families, staff, and Board members. Key priorities include:
- Fully implementing South Cove’s vision for a more individualized care delivery model
- Building and diversifying the rehabilitation patient population served
- Ensuring ongoing financial stability and sustainability while serving a high percentage of low and moderate-income residents
- Building South Cove’s brand as a leader in high quality nursing and rehabilitation care, and a leader in culturally sensitive care
- Helping to set the course for South Cove’s future direction
- In collaboration with the Board, and in consultation with the senior management team, establish and implement strategic priorities.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and the competitive environment, and use them to develop strategies and solutions to ensure success in this changing health care environment.
- Provide effective management of the senior leadership team, building cohesiveness and ensuring clear communications.
- Oversee all operations, and ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as a visible and inspirational leader to the entire staff.
- Oversee South Cove’s goal/mission to becoming a truly resident-centric organization.
- Ensure that residents have a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain a five-star rating and achieve a ‘no harm’ deficiency rating in the state survey.
- Oversee the preparation of annual budgets that support operating priorities; oversee budget forecasting and cash management; monitor throughout the year to ensure a balanced budget.
- Monitor the investment fund.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing and accounting systems, controls and reporting.
- Establish clear direction for the near and long-term future of SCM regarding target populations, case-mix, and reimbursement strategies.
- Build upon South Cove’s recent $3 million capital campaign to develop an ongoing fundraising and development function.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for South Cove Manor.
- Ensure a strong community presence and outreach to the Asian community, the local community in general, public officials, business community, and medical/senior care providers.
- Oversee marketing efforts to build our brand and promote referrals.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors; provide timely and accurate information needed for decision-making and fiduciary oversight.
- Advise the Board in the development of recommendations.
- Serve as an ex officio, non-voting member of Board committees including the Executive, Finance, Investment, Compliance Audit Risk, HR/Compensation, Nominating and Governance, Facilities and Security, and Quality and Safety Committees.
For More Information
For additional information, please contact Lida Junghans, PhD (Lida.Junghans@zurickdavis.com) or Jeffrey Zegas at 781-938-1975. All contact with ZurickDavis will remain confidential.
We welcome nominations and referrals of prospective candidates. Interested parties, please send resume and cover letter to SCMCEO2217@ZurickDavis.com.